Posted on May 18, 2017
5 Tips to be a Successful Real Estate Agent
1. Treat it like a Job. Go to work at 9 am (or whatever your designated “working hours” are) and start your day. Offer to help with what is needed. Dress and act professionally. Act “AS IF”. If you can, shadow a fellow agent and learn from watching and asking questions.
2. Follow a training Plan. Whatever your sales training is, do it the way it is laid out for you. Don’t get creative or skip corners. If your company does not provide a training program, use other resources to follow one. Make your car a traveling classroom.
3. Join a Committee at the Board of Realtors. Become embedded in your professional board. Take advantage of what State and National Associations of Realtors has to offer. Treat other Realtors as your A+ customers. Go to events!
4. Volunteer on a Local Level. Become an integral part of your community. Southcoast- Serves (www.south-coast-serves.org) has many volunteer opportunities if you don’t have any favorites. Check out our new merged Realtor Association of Southeastern Massachusetts ( RASM) for volunteer opportunities.
5. Become Dedicated and Informed. Work toward certifications, Follow Real Estate News through sources like Inman News, Bloomsberg, and MAR and NAR. Get on their email news flashes.
Please contact us at Agent Rising with any questions you may have. We can help you jump start your career and get you noticed. New real estate classes have just begun. It’s not too late to join. We now offer online real estate courses for your convenience. Call Marie for more information at 508-207-3186 or visit.